Training aids have become a thing nowadays, improving specific game areas and helping with the practice. Quality training aids work to benefit most golfers, but they don't solve every golf problem a player may have. The trick that works is to identify the problem area or the root of your swing flaw and train the one area at a time, starting with the ones you find least comfortable with when you first try.
When you understand your problematic areas, you can improve your game by buying the specific training aids for the site. This article has compiled the ten best training aids with their advantages and disadvantages to assist you in making an informed decision.
1. SKLZ Gold Flex Training Aid
(Most versatile golf training Aid for warming up before the game)
- 10-20 swings every day will improve swing tempo, strength, and flexibility
- Easy to use - simply “swing” the Gold Flex back and forth continually...
- Fights slices and flattens the swing
- Low-impact stretch for pre- round warm-up
- Fits easily in golf bag – legal to carry on course
SKLZ Tempo is among the top golf training aids because any player can use it despite the age, size, length, handicap, or gender. The training aid works to rectify your golf grip, improve your tempo, timing, and golf muscles, increase your flexibility, and improve your swing. It has an innovative design of a flexible shaft with a heavy ball that is slightly lighter than other balls in this list, but because of the rigid shaft, it gives a low kick point and feels slightly heavier.
The Gold Flex training aid comes in 40" or 48" shafts, but the 48" is recommended because it works better for the whole family, but the 40" will work correctly for short family members. If you already have the 48" shaft and a short person needs you to use it, you can choke down on the grip. You don't need any training with the SKLZ Golf Flex training aid, and you can start swinging immediately you unpack it and carry these tempo training aids in your bag at all times.
2. Orange Whip Full Size Golf Swing Trainer Aid (Best Tempo Golf Training Aid)
- THE ORIGINAL #1-RATED GOLF TRAINING AID - Don’t settle for imitations. The...
- PATENTED COUNTERWEIGHT SYSTEM - The Orange Whip Trainer increases your...
- SIMULATES ATHLETIC SWING - The proprietary flexible shaft coordinates the rhythm...
- INSTANT FEEDBACK - Any wobble in your swing indicates a need to improve tempo...
- PREMIUM QUALITY - The difference is in quality you can feel. Handmade in the USA...
Orange Whip's best golf training aids are a flexible shafted club with a heavy orange ball on one end where the clubhead should be. The training aids give an excellent warm-up while at the same time boosting your tempo and strength. Orange Whip can help you improve your swing tempo, flexibility, and balance, providing immediate feedback. These golf training devices help you keep the right tempo and timing on your games.
When you swing it in a rhythmic motion, it trains your body to get the right tempo and encourages proper wrist release through the swing. Orange Whip full-size training aid is among the best golf training aids as it has been used by over 300 champion tour players and over 100 golf swing trainers, and it is a top swing trainer choice for the best golf training.
3. SuperSpeed Golf Training System
(Best Golf Training Aid to improve distance and provide fast results)
- Training only takes 10 minutes 3x per week to see results
SuperSpeed Golf Training System comprises three weighted clubs and a video training series that have a difference in heaviness and employs an Overspeed training technique to improve the club-head speed and distance. The weighted clubs include a lightweight green club, a medium weight blue club, and a heavyweight red club, and they are meant to help with speed so they can be used at your office.
Superspeed boasts of improving some players' game and swing speed to at least 5% more within the first 6weeks. These weighted clubs have been used to increase the clubhead speed by several PGA tour pros like Phil Mickelson and Matt Kuchar.
4. Shaun Webb’s Golf Alignment Sticks
(Best alignment aid)
- _ IMPROVE YOUR ALIGNMENT & POSTURE - These sticks are designed to keep your...
- _ STORES EASILY IN YOUR GOLF BAG - Don't want to carry too much stuff while you...
- _ HASSLE-FREE CARRYING - Unlike other golf alignment rods out there, these come...
- _ IMPROVE YOUR SET-UPS, SWINGS & PUTTS - Want to be better at the game? These...
- _ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - If these alignment rods fail to make you a...
Shaun Webb alignment sticks are the best training aid to improve your game for reasons such as simple to use and long and skinny firm rods. They are useful for helping with alignment as well as training your swing plane or hip rotation.
This version of the golf training aids packs a carrying tube that acts as a safety device and is built very well. Using these alignment sticks might not give you an immediate improvement, but you will see improvement as time goes by. Furthermore, they can be used by every golfer, also pros and beginners.
5. PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
(The Simplest Training Aid)
PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer is the best putting aid you can use anywhere to perfect your distance control, the accuracy up to a point, and better your strokes. This device mimics the exact conditions of putting on the course providing instant feedback for how far you might have missed the putt. It uses a micro-target technology that helps you aim small and miss small, and thus, when you are on the golf course, the hole looks like a bucket.
It can be used both inside on a carpet and out on the putting green and what makes the trainer unique is the distinctive steep ramp that s different from the usual carpet-putting targets like the chair leg or a plastic cup. With the PuttOut system, you can count any putt crossing the standard hole sized white disc rolling up the ramp and returning to you as a holed putt. Also, because there is no hole, it is easy to get in many reps in a short time, and you don't have to bend every time to grab the golf balls or change the settings.
This best golf training aid is in the form of a parabolic ramp that folds flat and easily storable in your travel or golf bag.
6. Putt-A-Bout Par 3 Putting Green
(Best Putting Training Aid)
amazon box="B001B6CH0S" template="horizontal"]
This best training aid comprises an artificial tuff putting mat that you can use in your basement, living room to improve your golf game at home. It has three separate targets that cut into an inclined area on the end of the mat, and they help keep your instincts sharpened during the offseason. The cutouts known as the sand trap help the player catch missed putts, and as a result, your golf balls don't roll all over the place or hide under your couch.
With the multiple hole options and the kidney bean shape, you can develop a different launch angle and other putts' lengths.
7. Shaun Webb Putting Mirror
(Best Putting Mirror)
Shaun Webb is among the best golf training aids in the market. It is designed to function both as a mirror to develop a consistent and repeatable putting stroke, and the training aid helps you practice the gate drill and square your putter face simultaneously. Shaun Webb putting mirror is a high-quality training aid mostly used by pros or beginners to perfect their putting stroke easily.
It can be used by players of all levels as there is no perfect golfer and all golfers need improvement no matter the level. The mirror allows you to work on your eye position, putter path, impact position, and face angle as it highlights how you can improve the areas.
8. SKLZ Putt Pocket Putting Aid
(Best fine-tune good putting)
- Shrinks practice cups to promote on-course putting skills
- Helps you quickly improve reads, putt speeds and accuracy
- Trains you to hit the high side of the hole where more putts get made
- Easily fits into your bag for practice at the course or home on mats
SKLZ Putt Pocket Putting Aid is the best training aid to help you understand where the true back of the cup is using the partial open ring placed in the hole of a putting green. The Putt Pocket helps to hit straight putts aggressively, and thus, you achieve more confident putts right at the hole rather than wishing them in.
This is the best training aid for good putters looking to improve their game and not beginners who require mental reinforcement of made putts. It also works great for players that struggle with making putts with a lot of breaks.
9. Swingyde Golf Swing Trainer
(Best training aid for slice correction)
- Golf swing aid for improving distance and accuracy
- Attaches easily and securely to the shaft of your club
- Built-in rest encourages your wrist to cock properly
- Improves your swing plane, clubface alignment, and follow through
- Works for both right- and left-handed golfers
Swingyde Golf Swing Trainer is a high-quality best training aid tool used for a golfer who has a poor wrist motion that results in their club going over the top or off-plane. The plastic elbow attaches to your club and helps the narrow golfers using the one swing fits all philosophy.
The Swingyde Golf Trainer's primary focus is teaching the feel of the wrists' correct action during the swing. This usually helps players learn how to keep the clubface aligned squarely to the target line while maintaining the downswing clubhead lag to achieve the maximum swing speed. It is important to note that you will struggle to hinge your wrists correctly; therefore, master your grip before purchasing this training aid.
10. Eyeline Golf Speed-Trap
(Best Multipurpose, for swing path and plane improvement and gold draw producer)
- Wider slot to make it easier for your Driver
- Tethers - in case you hit a guide rod it will stay close for your next swing
- Brighter alignment stripe for your eyes to see the intended line
- Carry bag with a zippered pouch to hold your rods and tethers
- Backed with the instruction you need to know what to do with the Speed Trap 2.0...
Eyeline Golf Speed Trap training aid is a plastic plate that you attach to speed rods, and it gives you several options in one training to train your swing plane to follow the proper inside out path, and therefore hitting baby draws or straight shots. It features a hitting mat and four adjustable foam pegs and helps you hit more solids by ensuring you don't come over the top by easily adjusting. Both amateur golfers and skilled golfers can use the golf training aid adjustability to fine-tune the beginning of the downswing.
As your impact position improves, make sure you move the ball further back to the white line.
What to Consider when Choosing the Best Golf Training Aids
When choosing the best golf training aids as a golfer, the first step is to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, and this will help you figure out which training aid products you need for your practice and what areas need to benefit the most.
Another thing you should consider is where you are going to be using your golf training aids. Some high-quality training aid products can be used anywhere, where others should be used indoors, and others need quite some space.
You should evaluate the training aid options while considering which specific areas you would like to improve, and this will help you conclude your needs.