Golf is one of the most gentle sports but it can be challenging for seniors because of their limited strength, flexibility, and coordination. Achieving the right swing needs stable body positioning and specific muscle control with the ability to release a lot of force to propel the golf ball in one swing to hundreds of yards.
The right kind of golf clubs for senior golfers, be it the men or the senior lady golfers are designed in ways that negate any decline in performance regardless of the player's age. Senior golf clubs are different from other golf clubs shafts because they have senior flex graphite shafts. Below are the best golf clubs for seniors in the market.
This golf set can be used for both senior golfers and professional golfers looking for an upgrade and also any potential golfer who is interested in starting a golfing journey. This is the ideal golf set for both pro players and starters because of the affordability and also high-end performance.
The set includes 12 pieces of clubs that can range from wooden to iron and even hybrid complete full iron set clubs for different uses. The Callaway Men Strata complete golf club set in its complete form features a titanium driver, stand bag, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 to 9 Irons, Putter, PW, and two headcovers. All the pieces in the golf club sets are to help improve the stability, quality performance, high swing speed and offer forgiveness.
- Lightweight graphite shafts and also titanium 460cc driver with a large sweet spot
- Has a variety of pieces and as a result, caters to diverse game needs
- Brings out the best accuracy, precision, and ball speed
- It is a 5 hybrid and helps in giving you more confidence on a variety of shots
- MORE SPEED WITH SPEED BRIDGE: The new Speed Bridge structure unlocks the ability...
- IMPROVED SOUND AND FEEL: Speed Bridge supports the topline to reduce...
- OPTIMIZED FOR FORGIVENESS AND PLAYABILITY: Fluted Hostel and 360° undercut...
TaylorMade Iron set has used technology has a speed pocket that maximizes senior flex and as a result, increases ball speed while offering forgiveness on off-center shots. This combo set has a sweet spot that makes it impossible to miss the club and as a result, the club is able to achieve straight shots. The M6 irons are similar to the M5 irons but better in terms of game performance and with better offset.
- Works with an echo damping system that eliminates vibration and provides a better feel
- Uses a patented inverted cone technology in the 4-7 irons that makes it more forgiving over a large area
- Has a speed pocket and speed bridge with a thin clubface
- Stronger lofts
- It has a large overall size that has more offset
- Comes with wide soles that help the mid handicappers and high handicappers optimize performance
- Right Handed.
- Senior Flex Velocity Graphite Shaft
- Men's Standard Length: #3=40 Inches: Loft=19 Degrees, #4=39 1/2 Inches: Loft=22...
- UPGRADE FOR ALL 8 HYBRIDS: Jumbo Tacki-Mac Black Soft Wrap Grips-
Senior men s Majek golf all hybrid complete set of clubs have been designed to be used by seniors with a lot of ease. This clubs are ideal for any player that is looking for a good hybrid set. The clubs have been placed behind the sweet spot and therefore have more weight. The Majek Hybrid set clubs with a high launch angle and a high loft guarantees maximum distance is achieved with every shot. A notable downside would be it does not come with a bag.
- Has a stylish aerodynamic design
- It has full set hybrid iron clubs, 4 pitching wedges and a sand wedge
- Lightweight graphite shaft
- Has black crown and arrow markers that makes alignment easy to achieve
- Has a low CG
- Right hand availability
- Produces a high launch angle
- Designed for teen swing characteristics to produce maximum distance and a...
- Large 460cc driver engineered with super game improvement technology to enhance...
- Deep, perimeter weighted 431 stainless steel irons with very low center of...
- Lightweight, premium Carry bag features Air Flow shoulder straps are adjustable...
- Easy Launch Sand Wedge features very low weighting and wide sole for better...
This is a set that uses the Super Game Improvement Technology(SGI) in a 460cc driver that offers forgiveness for new golfers. For better accuracy, forgiveness, and distance, Wilson Profile SGI Complete golf set has designed golf irons 6 to 9. Included in this set are a lightweight cart bag and a putter.
- 460cc driver
- It comes with set 6 to 9 irons that helps to achieve better forgiveness and accuracy
- Applies modern SGI engineering technology
- The clubs the golf irons come with are drivers, pitching wedge, putter, 5 fairway wood, putter and 5 hybrid irons
- Comes with left and right hand availability
- Features a sand wedge that highlights easy launching through the wide soles and low CG
- Has a bag included
Wilson Men's Ultra Complete golf set is ideal for beginners, handicapped, and also novice players. It features steel shafts, a low center of gravity and also large club heads that have perimeter weighting and as a result better performance. Included in the set is the hybrid, fairway wood, heel-toe weighting, putter, pitching wedge, and the stand bag that is very lightweight.
- It comes with a 460cc titanium matrix driver
- Has a large sweet spot that helps to achieve maximum distance
- Low Center of gravity
- Has a perimeter weighting that increases accuracy
- Most components are made of high-quality material
This is one of the best full sets that will give you value for your money as lightweight graphite shafts for everything apart from the putter. Additionally, all the clubheads have either titanium or stainless steel construction. The aerodynamic design of the sole also aids in increasing the swing speeds while enhancing the turf interaction.
Included in the cart bag are irons 6/7/8/9, a driver, a sand wedge, fairway wood, a pitching wedge, a hybrid set, and a durable stand bag.
- Lightweight graphite shaft
- The golf sets have an aerodynamic design of the sole and therefore an increase in swing speeds resulting in improved interaction on the turf
- Soft handles designed for women
- Comes with a golf bag
- Left and right handed availability
- All clubheads have been constructed either by stainless steel or titanium which are durable
- All-weather resistant handles
- Full package set with headcovers and lightweight stand bag
- 460cc driver delivers big distance off the Tee
- Iron set includes an easy-to-hit Hybrid for accurate long iron performance
This Tour Edge set includes 12 premium quality clubs that come with a durable bag at an excellent price. It has a 460cc driver with a stainless steel shaft irons that help to offer more forgiveness. The irons have a low center of gravity with a sole that is wide and as a result makes them easy to hit.
All the contents of this Tour Edge box set from the driver to the 3 wood and 5 wood are all about distance. The clubs come with a graphite shaft that helps to lower the overall weight and helps to create a better swing speed. Included in the set is a 4 hybrid with irons that range from 5 to a sand wedge, a cart bag that has shoulder carrying straps.
- It has a 460cc titanium matrix design
- Features an 11.5 degree of loft
- A durable bag with shoulder carrying straps
- Comes with both left and right-handed orientations
Who should use a senior golf iron?
Golf irons are designed to be used with those that have a swing speed of between 60 and 85mph. With such swing speeds, you can achieve a drive of 180-210 yards with your golf irons. You do not need to switch from a regular to a senior flex if your swing speed is fast. Senior shafts are chosen based on golf player's swing speed and not age.
Factors to consider when choosing the best Golf for Seniors
1. Club Head
For senior golf players, this is a very important factor to consider when choosing a golf club set. This is because senior players have limited strength and flexibility and this may cause slower swing speeds and as a result, diminished performance. To avoid this, ensure that the club heads for senior golfers have high lofts. Higher lofts and larger club heads are mostly preferred for seniors and with large clubheads, you are guaranteed a large sweet spot and as a result, achieve more forgiveness.
2. Length and Weight of the Shaft
When choosing a shaft length, the length should be suited for the golfer's height. The low weight of the shaft is more suitable for older golfers but also the distribution of the weight is important. When you distribute the weight of the shaft closer to the club's handle, you achieve more accurate shots.
3. Shaft Material and Flexibility
This one of the most important factors in choosing a golf club set for senior golfers. Graphite shafts are recommended because they offer flexibility while maintaining their sturdiness and as a result, relieving any tension on the player's back. The senior shaft flex that a player requires is relative and it is according to the player themselves. Graphite has a lightweight material and therefore is recommended for senior golfers or older golfers.
Other golf clubs come with a bag and others do not. This might be a need for you if you don't have a bag but if you already have a bag this is not an issue and you can save some money. If you find one that does not have a bag, make sure it has the best features worth sacrificing the bag. In addition, get a bag that can fit everything you would need to carry with valuables pocket that comfortably holds accessories like your ID, sunglasses, keys and rain gear. A bonus feature of the golf clubs, the bag would be an adjustable carrying strap and a stand.
A comfortable grip is very important no matter the age to avoid any blistering and to be able to use it for a lot of rounds without getting tired. Besides, the older you get, the more your handgrip strength declines. It is best to choose grips that are thick and large that helps to hold your accuracy and power. The grip should have a cross-section that has a circular form and has been tapered perfectly. This will help you secure your hold without it being very forced as the force can be dangerous leading to injuries.
1. What are the best golf clubs for seniors?
When it comes to seniors, the biggest dilemma in the golf game is being able to achieve a high distance with the least possible strength and effort. This cannot be achieved by any club type and therefore any seniors must find the best set for the job.
According to our review, the best senior golf clubs for senior golfers are the Callaway Men's Strata Complete set and Taylor Made M6. Callaway is one of the best golf club sets for seniors as it has an exceptional balance between quality and price.
2. What are the best irons for a senior golfer?
Irons are golf clubs that have been designed to hit the ball in a powerful way and as a result it makes it land closer to the hole. The best golf irons for a senior golfer is the Senior Men's Majek Golf All Hybrid complete full set and is designed to compensate for the lack of consistency and strength in the game.
3. How far should a senior hit 7 iron?
This is a common question because 7 golf iron are among the most used golf club in the golf bag. The answer is different for every senior golfer and the best way to improve your shot is to work on your short game. The average smart distance for senior players is 164 yards but those players who are above 60 years hit the 7 iron for 140-yard distance. However, for most beginners the average at 100 yards for men and 60 yards for women.
For the professional tv golfers, the men hit the 7 iron 185 yards while the women hit their 7 iron 160 yards. They hit these far distances because they have spent a lot of time swinging golf clubs and as a result have exceptional flexibility while maintaining the golf posture. The pros are the players who shoot an 18 hole score of a minimum of 82 with an excellent distance control combining the clubhead swing speed and a larger sweet spot.
4. Are graphite shafts better for seniors?
Yes, a graphite shaft is better for seniors as they help in allowing flexibility of the shaft and as a result makes it easier to be used by senior men. If the senior can maintain high swing speed, they do not have to use graphite shafts, otherwise, graphite shafts are better.